As promised, we will help you discover yourself! You don’t have to go anywhere far. Our Perfectly Me at Home Activity can be done in a perfect spot in your home.
Ready to begin? Before you start with the activity, ask your mom, dad, or other caring adult to help you with the tasks.
This activity was created to help you get to know your unique self – inside and outside.
Look at yourself in a mirror.
What can you see in front of the mirror?
What thoughts come to your head?
What can you feel in your heart?
Prepare these materials and spread them in any room where you have space. Ask your parents or guardian for help in collecting them.
- Wrapping paper
- Tape and glue
- Colored construction paper
- Crayons and markers
- Writing paper
- Pens or pencils
- Magazines (to cut out pictures and words)
You only need 60 minutes to complete this activity. One hour of fun discoveries!
Our Perfectly Me at Home Activity will help you think about your personal traits and characteristics and look at yourself from two points of view:
- the outside – what everyone sees
- the inside – what you know about yourself that others may not see
All set? Let’s start!
Step 1 – Wrap a shoebox with your favorite wrapping paper.
Quick Tip – Wrap the top separately so it can come off or open.
Step 2 – Decorate the outside of the box with things others see. Cut out pictures and letters from the magazine you collected.
Quick Tip – Use pictures of yourself, images of things you like and words that describe your outward appearance and interests.
- Appearance – the way you look, your hair color, eye color, shape of your face, your height
- Talents — things you do well such as art, music, sports, school work
- Personality – descriptions such as outgoing, shy, talkative, thoughtful, helpful, kind
Step 3 – Write out words or phrases that describe your inner self and put them inside your box.
For example – things that symbolize inside wants, fears and interests. Include things that show more private or personal emotions (love, admiration, hurt, pain, etc.)
- Interests – things you like to do such as listen to music, watch a sports team, play a sport, read, dance, sing, draw or paint. What are some other things?
- Cares – things or people you care about such as family, pets, a friend and a boy. What other things do you care about?
- Concerns or worries – things you are worried about such as a sick relative, bullying, grades or a disagreement with a friend. What other things cause concern or worry?
- Feelings – things that make you happy, sad or lonely. What other emotions can you think of?
- Coping behavior – the way you deal with problems and fears. Do you talk to a friend? Do you keep it inside? Do you exercise? Talk to a teacher or trusted adult?
Step 4 – Check your Perfectly Me box outside and inside.
Are you done? How does your box look like? We bet it looks great with interesting contents. Don’t worry if it is not full yet. You will discover more about yourself as you grow up.
This is your private Perfectly Me box that you can add to anytime. You can keep this to yourself or share the contents with someone you truly love and trust. This box is your private property and no one is allowed to open it unless he or she has your permission.
Important Message from the Activity:
I am special and unique from the inside and out.